If you are interested in applying for a FORTIFIED designation, the process requires completion of many of the following steps prior to construction start:
- Identify the natural perils that your FORTIFIED project must address.
- Review the FORTIFIED Standards Guide to confirm design and material requirements for applicable perils.
- Complete the appropriate self-assessment checklist(s) to verify the project’s readiness to meet Fortified requirements.
- Send the checklist(s) to the FORTIFIED Program Administrator for review and contact him to discuss the project further.
- Engage a licensed professional to create a design that meets FORTIFIED requirements.
- Through IBHS, find an approved FORTIFIED Project Manager you can engage to verify the design, approve the project, supervise inspections, and provide IBHS with necessary documentation.
- Receive a FORTIFIED designation after final approval by IBHS.
For more information on the program, please contact Rem Brown at (813) 675-1032.