Discuss these affordable roof repair projects with your roofing contractor.
Repair minor roof damage
- Patch small punctures and tears.
- Replace damaged metal panels on the roof.
Strengthen your roof
- Add additional fasteners, especially in the corners and perimeter zones.
Fix your flashing
- Re-crimp or install additional screws for edge flashing if it is not securely attached.
- Repair seams and gaps in the flashing.
Get your roof tested
- If you’ve noticed cracks, tears, or surface water damage, get a water moisture test.
- If your roof is 10 years old or older, consider having a wind uplift test.
Improve your roof drainage system
- Replace missing or damaged gutters and drains.
- Install gutter guards to prevent debris clogs.
- Add additional gutters and downspouts to properly channel excess water.
Check and secure roof-mounted equipment
- Have a structural engineer verify that the connections of your equipment are adequate and secure.
- Avoid ballasted equipment such as satellite dishes. Have an engineer determine how to mechanically secure small roof-mounted equipment to the building.
- Install cables/straps that extend over the roof-mounted equipment and attach to the structural roof members. Make sure they are tightly secured and connected to the structural pieces of your roof system.